Photo albumFlickr album"
The first official episode of the international open podcast! After our trip to Maker Faire Rome (
hashtag #mfr15) we had a lot to relate. This podcast was recorded in Vienna with the crew of the weekly German-language Biertaucherpodcast 227. It is the first official version of the international open podcast.
You can click on the blue timestamps below to play directly the desired part of the podcast
Right-click to download:
- http://spielend-programmieren.at/intopenpodcast/intopenpodcast001.ogg ogg format, good quality
- http://spielend-programmieren.at/intopenpodcast/intopenpodcast001.mp3 mp3 format, good quality
- http://spielend-programmieren.at/intopenpodcast/intopenpodcast001_32kbps.mp3 mp3 format, low quality, small filesize
- ogg format: http://spielend-programmieren.at/intopenpodcastogg.xml
- mp3 format: http://spielend-programmieren.at/intopenpodcast.xml
0:00:00Welcome, greetings, introduction of speakers 0:00:41our url: http://internationalopenmagazine.org and the topics we want to speak about today 0:02:20Stefan talks about Refugee Hackathon Vienna in Sector5 and Stockwerk: http://www.hackathon.wien/ and about geometry cutting tricks https://twitter.com/sailorhg/status/655840362389446656 0:05:10Refugee Hackathon: Where2Help: http://where2help.at/ Matchmaking software for volunteer helpers and changing demand for helpers. Covered in Austria national radio: http://oe1.orf.at/programm/417397 blog-entry with picture from Stephan: http://blog.lieferei.at/2015/10/13/refugee-hack-vienna/ 0:11:00Refugee Hackathon: role of agile software management and project management in volunteer groups https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development. 0:13:18Refugee Hackathon: How to start your own Hackathon, minimum requirements, more interesting Refuge Hackathon projects 0:18:34Refugee Hackathon: motivation, free food and fame. Hotel in Vienna run by refugees: http://www.magdas-hotel.at/home/ 0:21:07Refugee Hackathon: mostly male coders, not many female Coders. Interesting spin-off projects 0:23:28Refugee Hackathon: participation of refugees in during the Hackathon.
1:25:37very sudden end of podcast (batteries ceased to function) 1:25:38additional links for this podcast:
- Gosu: Ruby gaming library https://www.libgosu.org/
- Hasu: https://github.com/michaelfairley/hasu speeds up development with Gosu
- Chipmunk: Physics engine, that can be integrated with Gosu: http://chipmunk-physics.net/
- Integration tutorial: https://github.com/gosu/gosu/wiki/Ruby-Chipmunk-Integration
- Rails Beginner Workshop: https://github.com/bastilian/Quick-Start-Rails-and-Ruby
- Nodeschool: http://nodeschool.io/
The youtube description as well as the shownote site (biertaucherpodcast 227) has timestamps and content description, but there exist no meaningful caption. All we have until now is the auto-generated caption from youtube. Sadly, it is more or less useless. If you want to help:
- please help to improve the automatic-generated captions for international open podcast episode 001
advertisement (google adsense)